Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I don't know how to say this, but...

I don't have a hell of a lot to say. Surely this cannot come as a huge shock to any of the 12 of you following this somewhat sorryass blog. But some of you may be wondering, "what IS this blog for, anyway? Does SHE even know?" 

The answer is, hmmm...I'm not sure. The only thing that's certain here is that I'm attempting to remain focused on several goals I'd like to accomplish by the end of the year - and by stating these things in semi-public (or, again, to this select jury of 12), I'm hoping to hold myself to these goals. 

What are my goals for this year? I have just 2, but they're big: 

1. Get back in shape and shed 15 lbs;
2. Make some music and play some shows again.

I said it here, so I have to stick to it. That's my thinking, anyway.

The thing is, I don't have a whole lot to say about it all. So I'm finding myself wondering why the hell I'm "blogging" (god I hate that word as a verb) when I don't really have much to share with you kind folk on the innernettes. Will you forgive me if I post infrequently? Will you trust that I'm not quitting (on you or on myself) if I don't check in as regularly as most "normal" bloggers (wow, I hate it even more as an active noun)...? Am I a pretty big loser for thinking this is a good way to keep myself motivated?

Regardless of the answers to those questions, I'mma go ahead and post sporadically anyway. So THERE. I showed YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Well I'D be disappointed, because this is damned entertaining. And motivational for me too, in a way, because if YOU'RE gonna do it, I'm sure as hell not going to watch my own arse get bigger. Well, it's the waist, actually, but that's besides the point.
    I think the point of blogging on a personal topic is that you write even when there's not much to say, because that, in itself, is "news".

    ReplyDelete