Sunday, April 4, 2010

Why I'm Here

Here's my story, in a nutshell:


I'm kind of a quitter. My theory is that this is one of two things that happens when you're a little ball of stress as a child, then an adolescent, then a teenager. Some people become ambitious, and others become...well, lazy. I'd like to change that, at least a little. That's why I'm here.


One of my best friends just started a blog called Me On A Diet. This morning, I was rollerskating (you heard me correctly) and I thought, I need to copy Shaun. If he can publicly whip himself into shape - set his goals and then MAKE himself do it - then so can I. Right? 


Maybe.


That's the thing about me: I start things, and I don't always finish them. I've quit just about every kind of lesson you can imagine...I've quit writing songs...I've quit recording them...I've quit ballet...I've quit the gym almost as often as I've joined it...Why? I don't know, but I have to quit.


I'm forcing myself to write down some thoughts so that by the end of 2010, I can say I've done a few of the things I wanted to do. That's why I'm here.

3 comments:

  1. Quit quitting quitter. Welcome to accountability via blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) LOVE IT.. you're a terrific writer.
    2) Pretty sure that chronic quitterism is related to the need to feel free.. proving to yourself that you're not a boring, regimented robot, and you can quit anytime you want to, dammit! I guess that means the trick to avoid quitting is to get better at procrastinating. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete