Monday, April 5, 2010

Lilias, Yoga & You

This 1970s yoga show pissed me off. As a child, I didn't want to see some woman with an overly long braid, wearing a onesie, doing yoga at ungodly hours of the morning. I wanted my Sesame Street, and I wanted my Electric Company. Lilias, Yoga & You was a harbinger of doom. It meant boring television for the foreseeable future.


But that's not my point. My point is, I'll never be someone who gets up at 5 a.m. to do any type of exercise, no matter how peaceful yoga may be. There's nothing that should be done at 5 a.m. that doesn't involve me sleeping. Me + mornings = no.


I'm never going to be that person who gets up and goes running BEFORE work. I've made peace with the fact that my physical activity will always take place after work - or, on days off, after I'm good and ready to get out of bed. I've vowed to stick to my plans this year (this is where the blog thing comes in), and to get my body back into shape. This in no way involves getting up early to work out.


Oh, know this: I'm also never going to be that person who talks about how awesome it is to work out, and how empty I feel if I haven't worked out in 24 hours. Because let's face it: working out kinda blows. If I had my druthers, I'd return to the days of sitting on my ass, eating chips and Bison dip, watching crappy television, and weighing 105 lbs. regardless. Alas, that's not to be. I've accepted that exercise is something I HAVE to do, because my body is getting all, "yeah, this is what happens when you act like you're still 25." Ugh, THANKS, body.


So anyway, I'll work out and I'll stick to it (with your help!) but don't expect any early morning antics, or any 5 a.m. yoga to "clear my mind" and prepare me for the day. Lilias, Yoga & Me? Bitch, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment